Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final | Paparizou Forum - International Fan Community
Listen on Spotify
Image Map

Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

What is Helena currently busy with? Here you will find all the official news and latest rumours.

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby IinaSurvivor » Sun May 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Oh I hate how superficial this world is nowadays.. Only appearance matters. Wake up people, she's still the same Helena like she was 10 years ago!
Image
Just call me a Survivor, have to be a fighter!
User avatar
IinaSurvivor
Moderator
Moderator
921
Finland
2013
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Ise I Foni

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby Akos Kirsch » Sun May 24, 2015 1:40 pm

Ruben wrote:
Akos Kirsch wrote:
Ruben wrote:To be honest, I didn't like how Elena looked... the comments around me were "OMG I don't recognize her", "she looks too old/plump" or "what happened yo her?". I'm sorry, but that's how non fan people see Elena in general. You have to consider that people who don't follow her haver her best years image in their minds/memories.

I love Elena, and that comments upset me, of course... but we have to face she's not the beauty she used to be. It doesn't matter as long as she continues releasing great music and take care of her voice.


those people should open their eyes... she didn't look different that much to say such things. Sorry Ruben but the way they reacted is stupid as hell. Btw..." not the beauty she was" ? did you see her photos from SOK fm or the shooting of "Love till it's over " clip? I still see the same person - little older yeah but still the same.


Akos, for me she stills a sensual curvy woman. But people who don't follow Elena (specially out of Greece) only remeber the young thin hot girl... but they don't even appreciate her. We saw Elenas changes through the years so we're get used to her current image. Anyway, don't give special importance to that :wink:


I don't it's just annoying :D
Image
User avatar
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada
20298
2006
One Life (2014)
Survivor

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby TheLightinoursoul » Sun May 24, 2015 1:47 pm

For me it was the best moment of the night! It was a dream to see her on a spanish tv channel, live and surronded by my best friends. For me how she looked it wasn't a surprised, she looked beautiful as she's recently. By this I mean people who made negative comments were thinking on Helena's physical appearance of 2005 (probably because they haven't followed her since ESC). She has changed a lot, that's true, but she's a beautiful grown up women, we can't pretend to have always the same appearance, it's been 10 years! For us, fans of her, she looked as always, beautiful.
"Nobody has died of too much love" - Helena Paparizou, 2014
User avatar
TheLightinoursoul
Moderator
Moderator
873
Barcelona
2005
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
Survivor

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby NiniaFresa » Sun May 24, 2015 1:49 pm

She did her job well last night, very cute and pro. I also didn't like her appearance, her image makers should understand that the lady look doesn't suit her as it makes her look older. The hair style left impression of a swollen face. On the picture posted on the official group she looks great but as we know the camera adds kilos. Since they made rehearsals they should have consider different angle and a better hair style. Anyway, I loved her mood although it was obvious she was nervous, she started right away instead of to wait to be greeted by the hostesses
User avatar
NiniaFresa
Media Manager
Media Manager
2348
Bulgaria
1999
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Mazi Sou

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby IinaSurvivor » Sun May 24, 2015 2:02 pm

I think that some people may have been little confused how she looked, because few minutes before she told the greek points they showed a short clip of the moment when Helena won in 2005. They got a reminder how she used to look, and then saw how she looks today.

I think anyway that she was gorgeous! The dress was great, not too casual or too fancy.
Image
Just call me a Survivor, have to be a fighter!
User avatar
IinaSurvivor
Moderator
Moderator
921
Finland
2013
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Ise I Foni

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby Ruben » Sun May 24, 2015 2:24 pm

Only talking about her look... I forgot to mention how kind and charismatic she was. It was exciting to see her live... But they cuttet of the scene when she still talking!
User avatar
Ruben
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
2051

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby SurvivorFan » Sun May 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Ruben wrote:Only talking about her look... I forgot to mention how kind and charismatic she was. It was exciting to se her live... But they cuttet of the scene when she still talking!

Yes, Ruben i agree with you. As i saw some Twitter comments about her, Swedish said good words about her! ;)
User avatar
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
11635
Greece
2004
One Life (2014)
Zoi Mou

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby Derek » Sun May 24, 2015 9:10 pm

Ivo wrote:It was so good to finally see her on tv. She did it so nicely! :yeah:
The Dutch narrators were really annoying though, as always, talking over the presenters (AND HELENA) the entire time. They also said 'Helena Paparitzou'... (perhaps you can see, 2:57:43)

:pff:

Watched some bits on BBC One for Graham Norton's hilarious comments, recommended to everyone! :rofl:


I skipped to that moment and was glad to notice they mentioned she won in 2005 with my number one (that much I understood... even though I don't speak Dutch :P ). What did Graham Norton for the BBC say about Helena?

IinaSurvivor wrote:I think her appearance was amazing! She did great job, and she looked beautiful. From the video which she recorded right after giving the points we can see she was really touched. I was so focused on her when she appeared that i didn't hear if the audience in the arena went crazy, but at least Finnish commentators did :D


What did they say? :biggrin:


Akos Kirsch wrote:those people should open their eyes... she didn't look different that much to say such things. Sorry Ruben but the way they reacted is stupid as hell. Btw..." not the beauty she was" ? did you see her photos from SOK fm or the shooting of "Love till it's over " clip? I still see the same person - little older yeah but still the same.


Have you wondered why she looked so youthful and pretty at the sok fm interview and at the film set for "Love Till It's Over" MV? Cause she was pretty much dressed in the same style of clothes that she wore 10 years ago... :wink:
I don't think Ruben meant that she is not a beautiful woman today, I bet he meant she is not the youthful beauty she could because of her embrace for the "mature lady" looks. Last night she looked beautiful for a 40-45 year old woman, not for a 33 year old one.

IinaSurvivor wrote:Oh I hate how superficial this world is nowadays.. Only appearance matters. Wake up people, she's still the same Helena like she was 10 years ago!


Well I doubt Helena would agree with this statement. She may be the same physical person but is she the exact same person in terms of how she thinks, how seriously she takes different things, how much she values certain kinds of relationships, what she wants to do with her career, how she seeks meaning and happiness in life? Probably not, and I think that's healthy. Having said I think it's equally healthy if some people who liked her 10 years ago, don't happen to like her today because they no longer see in her what "clicked" for them 10 years ago. Every person is different. You and I may still like her today because we love her music and her voice, others maybe liked her for her attitude and look back in the day and now that both of them have changed the "new Helena" may not resonate with them any longer and that's fine.

NiniaFresa wrote:She did her job well last night, very cute and pro. I also didn't like her appearance, her image makers should understand that the lady look doesn't suit her as it makes her look older. The hair style left impression of a swollen face. On the picture posted on the official group she looks great but as we know the camera adds kilos. Since they made rehearsals they should have consider different angle and a better hair style. Anyway, I loved her mood although it was obvious she was nervous, she started right away instead of to wait to be greeted by the hostesses


Agreed! And yes I noticed she was nervous as well but it only made her look sweet, down to earth and human, fortunately not awkward and weird so she handled it well. If only the outfit had been different...
User avatar
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
15890
2001
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Die For You

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby Ivo » Sun May 24, 2015 11:53 pm

Derek wrote:
Ivo wrote:It was so good to finally see her on tv. She did it so nicely! :yeah:
The Dutch narrators were really annoying though, as always, talking over the presenters (AND HELENA) the entire time. They also said 'Helena Paparitzou'... (perhaps you can see, 2:57:43)

:pff:

Watched some bits on BBC One for Graham Norton's hilarious comments, recommended to everyone! :rofl:


I skipped to that moment and was glad to notice they mentioned she won in 2005 with my number one (that much I understood... even though I don't speak Dutch :P ). What did Graham Norton for the BBC say about Helena?



Yeah agreed, good thing they mentioned that! :papa:
Would love to know what Graham said too! Only available in the UK. :tears:
Hey hey hey - hit me like a drum!
User avatar
Ivo
Moderator
Moderator
366
Netherlands
2009
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
Misi Kardia

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby IinaSurvivor » Mon May 25, 2015 5:47 am

IinaSurvivor wrote:I think her appearance was amazing! She did great job, and she looked beautiful. From the video which she recorded right after giving the points we can see she was really touched. I was so focused on her when she appeared that i didn't hear if the audience in the arena went crazy, but at least Finnish commentators did :D

Derek wrote:What did they say? :biggrin:



They screamed "IT'S HELENA PAPARIZOU, OMG I LOVE HELENA PAPARIZOU!" :lol:
Image
Just call me a Survivor, have to be a fighter!
User avatar
IinaSurvivor
Moderator
Moderator
921
Finland
2013
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Ise I Foni

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby Akos Kirsch » Mon May 25, 2015 10:50 am

:yeah: nice!
Image
User avatar
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada
20298
2006
One Life (2014)
Survivor

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby Mart! » Mon May 25, 2015 11:31 am

I will watch it again and tell you what he said

Terry Wogan at the 2005 contest called her a 'plain looking girl'
Image
Εμείς τολμήσαμε με Koleston! εσείς;
User avatar
Mart!
News Editor
News Editor
4469
1999
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Baby Its Over

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby Akos Kirsch » Mon May 25, 2015 12:28 pm

Mart! wrote:I will watch it again and tell you what he said

Terry Wogan at the 2005 contest called her a 'plain looking girl'


pfff.... no comment. :omg:
Image
User avatar
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada
20298
2006
One Life (2014)
Survivor

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby Derek » Mon May 25, 2015 1:03 pm

IinaSurvivor wrote:

They screamed "IT'S HELENA PAPARIZOU, OMG I LOVE HELENA PAPARIZOU!" :lol:


YES! Cool!


Mart! wrote:I will watch it again and tell you what he said

Terry Wogan at the 2005 contest called her a 'plain looking girl'


And next year he said that "she could win it again" when commening on her interval act (mambo). Sounds like he had a change of heart - well everyone has the right to be wrong sometimes. :rofl:
User avatar
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
15890
2001
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Die For You

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby SurvivorFan » Mon May 25, 2015 1:12 pm

Derek wrote:
IinaSurvivor wrote:

They screamed "IT'S HELENA PAPARIZOU, OMG I LOVE HELENA PAPARIZOU!" :lol:


YES! Cool!


Mart! wrote:I will watch it again and tell you what he said

Terry Wogan at the 2005 contest called her a 'plain looking girl'


And next year he said that "she could win it again" when commening on her interval act (mambo). Sounds like he had a change of heart - well everyone has the right to be wrong sometimes. :rofl:

Yes, sometimes but as i remember the comment of a guy on Facebook "..that Helena was the worst winner.." i got :furious:
Some people cannot discriminate the super from the bad vision!
User avatar
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
11635
Greece
2004
One Life (2014)
Zoi Mou

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby Stathis » Tue May 26, 2015 12:49 am

For me the most important thing was the big applause from the crowd when they saw her.It means a lot and of course much more than some stupid comments (which are - i'm sorry that i'm saying - come from greek people mostly
User avatar
Stathis
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
2499
1999
Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (2013)
Baby its over

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby Kostas » Tue May 26, 2015 11:54 pm

Stathis wrote:For me the most important thing was the big applause from the crowd when they saw her.It means a lot and of course much more than some stupid comments (which are - i'm sorry that i'm saying - come from greek people mostly


Totally agree with you!I think that it's the most important point of that night,for some i din;t expect such a big applause from the audience.

Derek wrote:
Akos Kirsch wrote:those people should open their eyes... she didn't look different that much to say such things. Sorry Ruben but the way they reacted is stupid as hell. Btw..." not the beauty she was" ? did you see her photos from SOK fm or the shooting of "Love till it's over " clip? I still see the same person - little older yeah but still the same.


Have you wondered why she looked so youthful and pretty at the sok fm interview and at the film set for "Love Till It's Over" MV? Cause she was pretty much dressed in the same style of clothes that she wore 10 years ago... :wink:
I don't think Ruben meant that she is not a beautiful woman today, I bet he meant she is not the youthful beauty she could because of her embrace for the "mature lady" looks. Last night she looked beautiful for a 40-45 year old woman, not for a 33 year old one.

I have the same impression about her appearance.Even if i agree with Stathis that some reaction was a little extravagant, when i saw her i had that feeling,that her appearance made her look older(+that reminds me a little a DOI appearance that i didn't like back in the day).But generally i'm quite satisfied,especially with the fact that she was as entertaining and as serious should be for such an event.

IinaSurvivor wrote:Oh I hate how superficial this world is nowadays.. Only appearance matters. Wake up people, she's still the same Helena like she was 10 years ago!


Well I doubt Helena would agree with this statement. She may be the same physical person but is she the exact same person in terms of how she thinks, how seriously she takes different things, how much she values certain kinds of relationships, what she wants to do with her career, how she seeks meaning and happiness in life? Probably not, and I think that's healthy. Having said I think it's equally healthy if some people who liked her 10 years ago, don't happen to like her today because they no longer see in her what "clicked" for them 10 years ago. Every person is different. You and I may still like her today because we love her music and her voice, others maybe liked her for her attitude and look back in the day and now that both of them have changed the "new Helena" may not resonate with them any longer and that's fine.


I agree that even if Helena's main characteristics are quite the same as then,it's not possible 10 years of life and many experiences not to influence her character and quite change it,it's totally normal and if that happens in logical limits is something good.The problem for me is that even if i agree that it's OK for many people that liked her back in the day not to like her today,they accuse her for her appearance and not only cause they have the illusion that for some reason Helena would be forever the same as she was at 2005(most of them have a little knowledge about her work from then until now).
User avatar
Kostas
Paparicious
Paparicious
704

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby Derek » Wed May 27, 2015 1:32 am

@Kosta: These people never really liked Helena as an artist in the first place, they only liked her because other people liked her and they jumped on the bandwagon to "sound cool" or because she was once regarded as one of the hottest women in Greece/Sweden and maybe even the whole of Europe. So if you heard them say good comments about her back then and ugly comments about her today, don't be fooled, they probably never really were into her (as an artist) in the first place.
So I couldn't care less if they only comment on her looks nowadays, they do that cause they are pathetic and miserable! When we comment on her looks, a) we always do it out of a wish for her to be as desirable and beautiful as she can get and because we always have a great appearence to compare it to, b) because we don't want her to attract the wrong kind of attention from the media and the audiences and c)because sometimes we are genuinely concerned about her physical/mental health.
These people objectify her and think Helena is just her boobs and her ass. There's a big difference there, so they are simply not worthy. Don't pay any attention to them!
User avatar
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
15890
2001
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Die For You

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby Ivo » Wed May 27, 2015 11:24 pm

This is so cool. Wonder where they got this from?

Hey hey hey - hit me like a drum!
User avatar
Ivo
Moderator
Moderator
366
Netherlands
2009
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
Misi Kardia

Re: Helena announcing the Greek votes at Eurovision final

Postby SurvivorFan » Wed May 27, 2015 11:37 pm

Ivo wrote:This is so cool. Wonder where they got this from?


from NERIT studio or production i think.
User avatar
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
11635
Greece
2004
One Life (2014)
Zoi Mou
PreviousNext


Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest