Mad Video Music Awards 2015 (Nominations) | Paparizou Forum - International Fan Community
Listen on Spotify
Image Map

Mad Video Music Awards 2015 (Nominations)

What is Helena currently busy with? Here you will find all the official news and latest rumours.

Mad Video Music Awards 2015 (Nominations)

Postby SurvivorFan » Fri May 29, 2015 4:52 pm

Helena is nominated in three categories this year:

Best Urban Video - Stin Akri tou Kosmou
Best Duet - Stin Akri tou Kosmou
Best Female Modern

VOTE LINK: - http://mad.tv/vma15/

Read Our Article Here: HELENA NOMINATED FOR THREE MAD VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS IN 2015

http://paparizouforum.com/helena-nomina ... s-in-2015/

The post is also available in: Spanish
Last edited by SurvivorFan on Fri May 29, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
Greece
One Life (2014)
One Life

Re: Mad Video Music Awards 2015 (Nominations)

Postby SurvivorFan » Fri May 29, 2015 5:07 pm

Sorry Survivors, but its the first year ever i didnt vote for Helena. because i think other songs worth for the award. Don't :ketchup: me
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
Greece
One Life (2014)
One Life

Postby Xrictina_HP » Fri May 29, 2015 5:25 pm

Sorry but....for Best Duet I voted for MASTER TEMPO. I really like it. "Stin Akri Tou Kosmou" don't like.
"You're beautiful,but fire"
Xrictina_HP
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Pios

Postby Derek » Fri May 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Not feeling excited for this year's Mad Awards, in fact the last time I watched them with anticipation was back in 2010. MAD TV has shifted their focus to much younger "artists" and teen idols since. And I can't really say that these "artists" occupy much time in my playlists, if any at all. I basically have much more valuable things to do than cast my vote for these awards (people forget who gets these awards like a day after they've been awarded - it's really not the equivalent to the Oscars in Greece...) or anticipate them. To those of you who are fans of MAD TV nowadays - have fun watching it!
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby SurvivorFan » Fri May 29, 2015 5:38 pm

Derek wrote:Not feeling excited for this year's Mad Awards, in fact the last time I watched them with anticipation was back in 2010. MAD TV has shifted their focus to much younger "artists" and teen idols since. And I can't really say that these "artists" occupy much time in my playlists. I basically have much more valuable things to do than cast my vote for these awards (people forget who gets these awards like a day after they've been awarded - it's really not the equivalent to the Oscars in Greece...) or look forward to them. To those of you who are fans of MAD TV they way it is today - have fun watching it!

Unfortunately, this is the sad truth but its the only music awards event in Greece...Arion Awards back in 2007 was much more serious and didnt focus on a concrete artists generation.
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
Greece
One Life (2014)
One Life

Postby Derek » Fri May 29, 2015 5:48 pm

I think you mean the only commercial one...
And even if it were the only one, it doesn't mean that I'd have to mindlessly support it if I don't agree with it or enjoy it anymore.
There used to be a time when MAD TV would organize Mad Secret concerts or events like the "Mad fanatics" tribute to Michael Jackson with many artists coming on stage and paying tribute to Michael Jackson by singing cover songs. Also their music was more diverse and interesting and their award shows (MAD awards and MAD walk) had more interesting guests. I know the crisis has obviously cut down many jobs and budgets but I sense a lack of creativity and that half-arsed excuse for a Greek national final (Eurosong 2015) was just the final hit for me. Even their homepage looks more like a gossip site nowadays. And Themis's OK show has become so decadent, can't watch it anymore..
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby Akos Kirsch » Fri May 29, 2015 6:07 pm

shouldn't Otan angeli klene be there instead of that duet? it was okay but nothing special though. Or it doesn't count this year?
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada
One Life (2014)
Survivor

Postby SurvivorFan » Fri May 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Akos Kirsch wrote:shouldn't Otan angeli klene be there instead of that duet? it was okay but nothing special though. Or it doesn't count this year?

Of course it can. I believe it will be in the Best Female Modern category, we will see.
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
Greece
One Life (2014)
One Life

Postby Stathis » Fri May 29, 2015 11:42 pm

SurvivorFan wrote:
Akos Kirsch wrote:shouldn't Otan angeli klene be there instead of that duet? it was okay but nothing special though. Or it doesn't count this year?

Of course it can. I believe it will be in the Best Female Modern category, we will see.

In this case, it's not the clip that is awarded but the singer
Stathis
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
Ti Ora Tha Vgoume? (2013)
Baby its over

Postby Mart! » Sat May 30, 2015 12:17 am

Stathis wrote:
SurvivorFan wrote:

In this case, it's not the clip that is awarded but the singer

I think it was released before the deadline to qualify right?
Εμείς τολμήσαμε με Koleston! εσείς;
Mart!
News Editor
News Editor
Baby Its Over

Postby TheLightinoursoul » Sat May 30, 2015 12:02 pm

Yes I also think that OAK can be nominated but next year, remember that the nominations are based on songs and clips since last year till this one, but maby OAK was released too late. Anyway I find it logical that they are focusing now on new generation artists. I mean Helena's been there for like 10 years and she's recieved many awards, I think this epoque is over for her. If she were working only in Greece like she did in 2008 or 2010 (album + videoclips + tv appareances + big summer tour) she probably'd be nominated and would perform on the show but I think is not the moment. She must focus on new things (Diggiloo, new album, etc)
"Nobody has died of too much love" - Helena Paparizou, 2014
TheLightinoursoul
Barcelona
Giro Apo t' Oniro (2010)
Survivor

Postby SurvivorFan » Sat May 30, 2015 1:58 pm

I think now Its time for Sweden focus for Helena. She was absent from Swedish music industry since 2008 until 2012.
In 2012 was the first Swedish release "Popular" (released on iTunes) after the 2 soundtracks for the movie Ärn. So now she must to fill the losing time.

In Greece, she did many successful projects during the recent 10 years. She is still one of the most important pop stars in Greece, she has released 5 Greek albums until now but lately since 2012/13 to date her popularity has gone down. But i dont mond with that. Now her priority is Abroad and international (ehhh European i wanted to say) singles.
Of course i dont want she get rid of Greece or tv/media but she can release a single each season. Just not to be forgotten.
Unfortunately, for Greek media standards, a singer to become huge brandname in 2015's year artist need to do 2 options:
1. To perform at bouzoukia/ nightclubs
2. Or release pop/laiko songs which are hot this period like "Pantelides" or "Paola".

Helena is pop music artist, she doesnt need laiko music to be reintroduced in most Greeks mind
And about bouzoukia she has already do many nightclub performances in the past.
Now she needs to do fresh things and projects mainly in Sweden because there , ther pe is update technology, media strong music industry and huge productions in contrast to Greek televisionwhich is so poor and the only tv shows in which an artist can promote its songs are only music talent shows, or cheap noon gossip tv shows. Unfortunately.
About Mad vma: i was furious last year when Helena didnt win any award and the record broke but now i feel that this kind of awards is not anymore serious. They prefer new artists and throw away some big names. I hope MAD TV organizers rethink or recall gold hears from 2008-2010 vmas.
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
Greece
One Life (2014)
One Life

Postby Stathis » Sat May 30, 2015 6:08 pm

SurvivorFan wrote:I think now Its time for Sweden focus for Helena. She was absent from Swedish music industry since 2008 until 2012.
In 2012 was the first Swedish release "Popular" (released on iTunes) after the 2 soundtracks for the movie Ärn. So now she must to fill the losing time.

In Greece, she did many successful projects during the recent 10 years. She is still one of the most important pop stars in Greece, she has released 5 Greek albums until now but lately since 2012/13 to date her popularity has gone down. But i dont mond with that. Now her priority is Abroad and international (ehhh European i wanted to say) singles.
Of course i dont want she get rid of Greece or tv/media but she can release a single each season. Just not to be forgotten.
Unfortunately, for Greek media standards, a singer to become huge brandname in 2015's year artist need to do 2 options:
1. To perform at bouzoukia/ nightclubs
2. Or release pop/laiko songs which are hot this period like "Pantelides" or "Paola".

Helena is pop music artist, she doesnt need laiko music to be reintroduced in most Greeks mind
And about bouzoukia she has already do many nightclub performances in the past.
Now she needs to do fresh things and projects mainly in Sweden because there , ther pe is update technology, media strong music industry and huge productions in contrast to Greek televisionwhich is so poor and the only tv shows in which an artist can promote its songs are only music talent shows, or cheap noon gossip tv shows. Unfortunately.
About Mad vma: i was furious last year when Helena didnt win any award and the record broke but now i feel that this kind of awards is not anymore serious. They prefer new artists and throw away some big names. I hope MAD TV organizers rethink or recall gold hears from 2008-2010 vmas.

I couldn't agree more with you :papa:
Stathis
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
Baby its over

Postby Derek » Sat May 30, 2015 10:06 pm

Helena should not ditch Greece, she just needs to find her audience in Greece cause she has kind of loosened her ties with many of her casual fans after returning to more mainstream sounds in recent years (let's just admit that VTLNZ was more mature, experimental and alternative than anything she's ever done - and that album kinda put Helena on the map even for non-pop music fans) and especially following some mediocre tours and some questionable career choices! Another problem for her is that she mostly receives airplay by radio stations like Rythmos, Dromos, Sfera, SOK FM and the likes where people would rather casually listen to Remos, Vandi, Vertis and Aslanidou and other more laiko-oriented music (at times even with some doses of trash-laiko music in the case of Pantelidis, Paola, Kiamos, Kallidis, etc) and at the same time the "entehno" (artistic folk music) and alternative radio stations ditch her for being too commercial and mainstream whilst the radio stations playing international pop/dance/r&b music would rather play Rihanna's, Pitbull's or JLo's latest single than Helena's.

Helena's main genre (European pop/dance, western ballads) is not 100% compatible with any of the mainstream radio formats today so perhaps the only way she could manage to change that is by upgrading her lyrical content by making it more adult-friendly or by making her productions a little less generic so that her music would resonate more with the 18-35 y.o. age group who might not like their music to be so bland and mainstream and might look for less family-friendly sounds. Let's face it, we all like to listen to music that's not listened to by our little 8 year old cousin or by our 45 year old aunt and I am sure that this is one of the main reasons why Helena is more popular with little kids and older people who would hardly use spotify, download from iTunes and generally stay up to date with the latest music trends...
Nowadays 18-25 year olds in Greece would rather listen to Hozier, Lorde, Rihanna and Drake and not Paparizou or Rouvas who once were the most popular artists in this "age group". And if they aren't that much into international music and prefer Greek music they'd rather hit the bouzoukia clubs and watch a show featuring Pantelidis, Paola and Foureira or play some more serious Greek music from older Entehno artists like Haris Alexiou and Malamas and younger entehno artists like Νatassa Bofiliou (Panos's fav :razz: ) or Giannis Haroulis.

If Helena stopped making albums with songs ranging from Europop (Sou Stelno SOS, Soma Ke Psihi) to modern laiko (Oute Ki Esi, I Nihta) to dramatic ballads (Epitelous Moni, Mi Mou Eksigis), to bubblegum pop (Vrehi Filia, Ti Ora Tha Vgoume), etc.... and instead focused on creating a more concrete music identity like she did with her 2008 album Vrisko To Logo Na Zo which had diverse sounds but with a certain identity emerging out of this collection of tracks, I am sure we'd see a major change in her chart performance and the fan base would not only grow bigger but also more dedicated. Nowadays Helena kinda seems like she has shifted her attention to the singles than the 10 or 12-track albums that she once did (I guess she had to in order to survive in this industry) but it feels like she has forgotten that a certain image needs to be retained between each release if you want the fans to not be let down too soon, when they've just warmed up to you and started to like you..
For example when you've built a certain image for yourself after Melodifestivalen 2014 following all these empowering, sophisticated, mature and strong performances and these wonderful stage and off-stage outfits you don't show up at the next tv show with a huge audience dressed like a soccer mom singing a song you recorded 15 years ago when you could actually pull it off. Of course I am talking about that ridiculous performance at Sommarkrysset which was seen by (if I am not mistaken) 1+ million people: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpp86KJzF0
It's very contradicting and it's only natural that casual fans will be let down with you and perhaps stop following you. And don't even get me into those performances at Julgalan, I am trying to forget they ever happened except for Bang Bang which was OK. :geek:
If she makes sure she avoids these mistakes and retains a standard quality of work at everything she does, you can even count on her Swedish career taking off! Until then more consistent performers like Loreen, Petra Marklund or even Zara Larsson will have much bigger and devoted audiences...
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby Mart! » Sun May 31, 2015 12:47 am

HELENA NOMINATED FOR THREE MAD VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS IN 2015

http://paparizouforum.com/helena-nomina ... s-in-2015/
Εμείς τολμήσαμε με Koleston! εσείς;
Mart!
News Editor
News Editor
Baby Its Over

Postby paparizikos » Sun May 31, 2015 12:22 pm

For me it's logical not to have nominations as she was not active in Greece last year.
I am not gonna vote for "Stin Akri Tou Kosmou". I don't like it at all.
I am only going to vote for her in the Best Female Modern category, and this award she has the most opportunities to take I think.
Do we know if there are such music awards in Sweden?
paparizikos
Media Manager
Media Manager
Protereotita: Euro Edition (2005)
Stin Kardia Mou Mono Thlipsi

Postby Derek » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:11 am

paparizikos wrote:Do we know if there are such music awards in Sweden?

Yes there's "Grammis" awards (Antique were once nominated for one of these with "Opa Opa" - I am sure you know this) which are the equivalent to the Grammy Awards, "P3 Guld"awards which are organized by the Public Radio Broadcaster "Sveriges Radio" (SR) and finally there's "Rockbjörnen" awards which are organized by Newspaper "Aftonbladet".

Source: wikipedia
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby IinaSurvivor » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:33 am

Derek, what was the problem with Julgalan performances? Why you didn't like them?
Just call me a Survivor, have to be a fighter!
IinaSurvivor
Finland
Ise I Foni

Postby Xrictina_HP » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:09 pm

Derek wrote:
paparizikos wrote:Do we know if there are such music awards in Sweden?

Yes there's "Grammis" awards (Antique were once nominated for one of these with "Opa Opa" - I am sure you know this) which are the equivalent to the Grammy Awards, "P3 Guld"awards which are organized by the Public Radio Broadcaster "Sveriges Radio" (SR) and finally there's "Rockbjörnen" awards which are organized by Newspaper "Aftonbladet".

Source: wikipedia

by the way,we can vote Helena here: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/m ... 2709037.ab
"You're beautiful,but fire"
Xrictina_HP
Can Dance The Mambo
Can Dance The Mambo
Pios

Postby Stathis » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:00 pm

Stathis
Paparizoid
Paparizoid
Baby its over
Next

Return to News