Mad Video Music Awards 2015 (Nominations) | Paparizou Forum - International Fan Community
Listen on Spotify
Image Map

Mad Video Music Awards 2015 (Nominations)

What is Helena currently busy with? Here you will find all the official news and latest rumours.

Re: Mad Video Music Awards 2015 (Nominations)

Postby Derek » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:17 pm

IinaSurvivor wrote:Derek, what was the problem with Julgalan performances? Why you didn't like them?

Because they were terrible! The choreography was terrible on My Number One and on the Shakira cover plus Helena looked uncomfortable in the videos that I saw, she didn't have any confidence on stage - she was just robotically waving to the audiences and extended her arm to greet them all the time. Also Opa Opa was bad and her duet with Danny Saucedo was a let down - I was expecting much more. In my opinion it was the most disappointing show she's ever done. I don't know how Survivor was live cause I've not seen a video from that performance yet and "Bang Bang" had some nice moments but the full performance wasn't particularly memorable.
For the record, I hope you've seen her Greek shows on youtube...especially Fever 2004-05, her summer tour "Arhizi To Party" 2008 and Thalassa 2009. :wink:
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Vrisko to Logo na Zo (2008)
Die For You

Postby IinaSurvivor » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:37 pm

Derek wrote:
IinaSurvivor wrote:Derek, what was the problem with Julgalan performances? Why you didn't like them?

Because they were terrible! The choreography was terrible on My Number One and on the Shakira cover plus Helena looked uncomfortable in the videos that I saw, she didn't have any confidence on stage - she was just robotically waving to the audiences and extended her arm to greet them all the time. Also Opa Opa was bad and her duet with Danny Saucedo was a let down - I was expecting much more. In my opinion it was the most disappointing show she's ever done. I don't know how Survivor was live cause I've not seen a video from that performance yet and "Bang Bang" had some nice moments but the full performance wasn't particularly memorable.
For the record, I hope you've seen her Greek shows on youtube...especially Fever 2004-05, her summer tour "Arhizi To Party" 2008 and Thalassa 2009. :wink:

Okay, I understand your point of view :). Where have you seen full video of MNO?

Of course I've seen her performances from 2008 & 2009, I've been viewing them since there haven't been any new performances of her to watch :)
Just call me a Survivor, have to be a fighter!
IinaSurvivor
Finland
Ise I Foni

Postby Derek » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:50 pm

IinaSurvivor wrote:
Derek wrote:

Okay, I understand your point of view :). Where have you seen full video of MNO?

Of course I've seen her performances from 2008 & 2009, I've been viewing them since there haven't been any new performances of her to watch :)

If I sounded a little dramatic in my post - believe me that is cause I was genuinely disappointed in the videos that I saw. I had such high hopes from Helena's participation on this show!! Ok it wasn't terrible-terrible, but comparing these performances to some of the ones she could pull of just 6-7 years ago at some of her Greek shows, is really disheartening. She looked quite lifeless on that show for me, as if she was going on that stage to "pass" her night, and not really to amaze the audience with her performance. She looked like she had nothing else to prove, not a good sign for an artist. I hope the Diggiloo tour will find Helena in good shape for the stage again! I find it difficult for her to get back to her 2004-2009 days but still hoping for a major improvement compared to Julgalan...

I don't remember where I saw the full video of My Number One live. Probably on youtube. Not even sure if it was a full video or just several clips of her performing My Number One from various Julgalan concerts. If you stitched them all together, they'd probably make the full performance or the biggest part of it anyway. Of course if the choreography is bad the no.1 person to blame is the choreographer but Helena is experienced enough to be able to distinguish between the beautiful, classy and energized choreography of Fokas Evangelinos and that trashy routine they prepared for her for Julgalan. She simply should have said no and just perform it on her own if she had no better alternative. She did it with such amazing grace here:

Glad you've seen those concerts/shows/performances from 2008-09. :)
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby IinaSurvivor » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:08 pm

Wow, that performance is very good Derek! I hope she can bring that same energy to the Diggiloo stage also :). On saturday we'll see how the show looks like.
IinaSurvivor
Finland
Ise I Foni

Postby Derek » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:43 pm

IinaSurvivor wrote:Wow, that performance is very good Derek! I hope she can bring that same energy to the Diggiloo stage also :). On saturday we'll see how the show looks like.

It really is ! I regard it as one of her all time best in all its simplicity. I keep my fingers crossed for that! And I can't wait to see some videos popping up! If not after the first night, then hopefully after the first few gigs... :biggrin2:
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby IinaSurvivor » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Derek wrote:
IinaSurvivor wrote:Wow, that performance is very good Derek! I hope she can bring that same energy to the Diggiloo stage also :). On saturday we'll see how the show looks like.

It really is ! I regard it as one of her all time best in all its simplicity. I keep my fingers crossed for that! And I can't wait to see some videos popping up! If not after the first night, then hopefully after the first few gigs... :biggrin2:

Indeed! According to some instagram pictures the show looks great. From huge butterfly wings to dancing with umbrellas. At least we will have much pictures on saturday :-)
IinaSurvivor
Finland
Ise I Foni

Postby Besamiculo » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:39 pm

Well I voted for her. It's not like the other songs are any better than "Stin akri tou kosmou"...

Vote for Sabanis & Demy while you're at it, guys :)
Besamiculo
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

Postby Derek » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:31 am

Besamiculo wrote:Well I voted for her. It's not like the other songs are any better than "Stin akri tou kosmou"...

I probably won't vote this year as I have no favourite in many of the categories and I just cannot be bothered with all of these mediocre songs, acts, music videos (basically the full package) force-fed to us by Panik records and co. But if I were to vote, "Stin Akri Tou Kosmou" would get my vote with pleasure - I think it's a really good song even if I am no big fan of Stavento's music and hip-hop/r&b in general.
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby SurvivorFan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:28 pm

SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
Greece
One Life (2014)
Zoi Mou

Postby Besamiculo » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Derek wrote:
Besamiculo wrote:Well I voted for her. It's not like the other songs are any better than "Stin akri tou kosmou"...

I probably won't vote this year as I have no favourite in many of the categories and I just cannot be bothered with all of these mediocre songs, acts, music videos (basically the full package) force-fed to us by Panik records and co. But if I were to vote, "Stin Akri Tou Kosmou" would get my vote with pleasure - I think it's a really good song even if I am no big fan of Stavento's music and hip-hop/r&b in general.

Panik Records is the only ray of light in the greek music industry.

You can just vote for Elena if you want and pick the rest at random or not vote at all if the site allows.
Besamiculo
Paparizoid
Paparizoid

Postby SurvivorFan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:42 pm

SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
Greece
One Life (2014)
Zoi Mou

Postby Kostas » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:02 pm

Derek wrote:Not feeling excited for this year's Mad Awards, in fact the last time I watched them with anticipation was back in 2010. MAD TV has shifted their focus to much younger "artists" and teen idols since. And I can't really say that these "artists" occupy much time in my playlists, if any at all. I basically have much more valuable things to do than cast my vote for these awards (people forget who gets these awards like a day after they've been awarded - it's really not the equivalent to the Oscars in Greece...) or anticipate them. To those of you who are fans of MAD TV nowadays - have fun watching it!

I have the same feeling about VMA as well.I think too that the last really interesting event was back in 2010,generally they have lost the attitude that used to have back in the previous decade,for example some guests like Sunrise Avenue,Reamon(2007),Until June(2008) and some others(i remember the Romanian singer of ESC2006)gave some ''glamor'' to this event,something that doesn't exist the recent years.On the other hand(even if i didn't expected),that years VMA have some interesting participants such us Zouganeli,Remos,Vertis,Sabanis with good songs and some other(of course in my opinion).The big problem is the pop music.From Helena,Sakis,Hatzigiannis and some others in the 00's(of course Helena and Sakis mainly still participates but not with the same attitude)we have ''boys and Noise'',Foureira and other teen idols with (of course) not the same quality as the previous artists.

As about Helena, i believe ''Stin Akri tou kosmou'' is a good song and a quite good effort at the video clip,but it won't surprise me if she don't earn an award(except maybe from ''Best female modern'' due to her name and her fan base mainly),but even in that case,i think that her priority this years is her Swedish plan ,so whatever will happen,it doesn't have such a big value for her.
Kostas
Paparicious
Paparicious

Postby SurvivorFan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:41 pm

Helena will not be on 2015 MAD VMA as we have expected and it's official.

See the full artists line-up:

Boys N Noise
ΒΟ
Claydee
Demy
Fayedee
Larisse
Oge
Playmen
Stan
Vegas
Μελίνα Aσλανιδου
Δέσποινα Βανδή
Kαλομοιρα (Kalomira GR ESC 2008) :clap:
Στελιος Λεγάκης
Λαμπης Λιβιερατος
Κώστας Μαρτακης
MΕΛΙSSES
Μηδενιστης
Παντελής Παντελιδης
Στέλιος Ροκκος
Σάκης Ρουβας
Ελενη Φουρειρα
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
Greece
One Life (2014)
Zoi Mou

Postby Derek » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:28 pm

Kostas wrote:
I have the same feeling about VMA as well.I think too that the last really interesting event was back in 2010,generally they have lost the attitude that used to have back in the previous decade,for example some guests like Sunrise Avenue,Reamon(2007),Until June(2008) and some others(i remember the Romanian singer of ESC2006)gave some ''glamor'' to this event,something that doesn't exist the recent years.On the other hand(even if i didn't expected),that years VMA have some interesting participants such us Zouganeli,Remos,Vertis,Sabanis with good songs and some other(of course in my opinion).The big problem is the pop music.From Helena,Sakis,Hatzigiannis and some others in the 00's(of course Helena and Sakis mainly still participates but not with the same attitude)we have ''boys and Noise'',Foureira and other teen idols with (of course) not the same quality as the previous artists.

As about Helena, i believe ''Stin Akri tou kosmou'' is a good song and a quite good effort at the video clip,but it won't surprise me if she don't earn an award(except maybe from ''Best female modern'' due to her name and her fan base mainly),but even in that case,i think that her priority this years is her Swedish plan ,so whatever will happen,it doesn't have such a big value for her.

I am probably not as impressed and excited about the addition of these artists (I have highlighted them in bold) to the Mad Awards list of acts/participants but I can see what you mean. And I totally agree with everything else you've written! :papa:

Besamiculo wrote:
Panik Records is the only ray of light in the greek music industry.

I don't share your sentiment about this record company but fair enough if that's what you think about it. My only question is, do you believe this based on Demy's discography or some other artist(s) that you like who's signed under Panik or based on this company's attitude towards music, their opinions on what genres should be embraced and which genres should be fused together for songs, what productions the songs should have, how they should be visualised for youtube, etc? Do you basically like the whole "product" and everything they stand for?
Derek
General Manager
General Manager
Die For You

Postby SurvivorFan » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:10 am

Broadcasting on ALPHA_TV 9th July 2015!
End of voting: 26th June 2015
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
Greece
One Life (2014)
Zoi Mou

Postby SurvivorFan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:54 pm

According to bets, Helena has won the "Best Female Modern" award.

http://www.getgreekmusic.gr/mad-vma-2015-stoiximata/
SurvivorFan
Spamarizou
Spamarizou
Greece
One Life (2014)
Zoi Mou

Postby IinaSurvivor » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:53 pm

SurvivorFan wrote:According to bets, Helena has won the "Best Female Modern" award.

http://www.getgreekmusic.gr/mad-vma-2015-stoiximata/

Wow, that would be great! But that's just the bets..
IinaSurvivor
Finland
Ise I Foni

Postby Akos Kirsch » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:49 pm

I would love that :yeah:
Akos Kirsch
King of Elenada
King of Elenada
One Life (2014)
Survivor

Postby IinaSurvivor » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:13 pm

Voting ends tomorrow!!
IinaSurvivor
Finland
Ise I Foni

Postby IinaSurvivor » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Helena won the award of best urban video according to this: https://twitter.com/madvma/status/615585072624848896
IinaSurvivor
Finland
Ise I Foni
PreviousNext

Return to News